Translate

Wednesday 16 July 2014

A poem about the nature of love by David Tombale: Sunshine plays with me


Sunshine is meant to be my understanding of love; its philosophies, its power, everything that makes it great.
 
 
 
Sunshine plays with me
 
Sunshine plays with me, it
 falls like the light from mirrored balls
 turning everywhere into a grand old hall
 where lovers meet, where bows are taken
 and hands are held before the dance.
 
 Sunshine plays with me, running warmth
 from tips of toes to top of head then back
 again, it warms my legs, my arms,
 reminding me of where we are.
 
 Sunshine plays with me below the
 fountain of laughing gods, and the
 marble glows with reflected light,
 shining down on your smiling face
 prompting me to say, baby stay
 with me another day.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment