Translate

Tuesday 29 July 2014

A poem about home by David Tombale: A love for home


Some of us are lucky enough to get a chance to spread our wings but home can be where you will always feel the most loved and that is what this poem is meant to represent.
 
 
 
A love for home
 
A love for home is hidden in the
 raindrops, it’s hidden in the roughness
 of my father’s hard back books.
 
 A love for home is a promise of days
 to come and days gone by,
 it’s in the way I touch your arms when
 you fold them, it’s in the leaves that rest
 beside my father’s battered truck,
 all smeared over with the awful smell
 of goats and cows.
 
 My love for this place is
 hidden in the way I leave it,
 running fingers over weathered stone,
 picking paint chips off my shirt, they’ve
 been falling from the walls and
 I know I’ll miss them all.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment