Translate

Thursday 31 July 2014

A poem about loss and love by David Tombale: At night


For everyone there is that one person who shakes our equilibrium, who we think too far to touch and this is for all of that.
 
 
At night
 
At night I pull your shirt from out of
 the cupboard so I can hold it tightly
 in my trembling arms before the moon
 sinks down to kiss my head,
 only she knows that tonight I’m thinking of you,
 rubbing strands of light blond hair between my fingers
 as the pillows whisper sweet forgetting,
 they beg me to sink within them into a world of
 white so deep it will swallow me,
 I wish I could but I know I shall never find you
 there.
 
 You are soaring through the sky on the wings
 of angels while the darkness pours beneath my
 bedroom door shoving light before it angrily,
 see that way he shows me that within these caves
 it’s the sun that promises devastation,
 for a frog must look upon the sky with wonder
 and never dream to touch a star.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment