Translate

Thursday 17 July 2014

A poem about fear by David Tombale: The miles


Fear is something almost every regular person faces in their lives learning to tackle it allows you to build a stronger you and that’s what The miles is about.
 
 
 
The miles
 
 
The miles keep rolling on and
 threaten to take the heart from
 me, but I am not afraid.
 
 The copper coloured sky serves as
 my beacon and I keep going on,
 running across these yellow fields.
 
 The miles keep rolling, tearing up
 and winding, but I’ve replied I am
 not afraid, because these skies have
 sheltered me, watered my drying skin,
 fed my soul with love for their purple
 haze, the white upon the trees.
 
 The miles have carved these lines
 upon my face but I have roared
 I am not afraid, because these words
 have held me close, this house, these
 leaves, her pink tipped toes, her love,
 this scarlet rose.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment