Translate

Saturday 5 July 2014

A poem about love and loss by David Tombale: For your arms

For your arms is written to express feelings of loneliness and abandonment that follow most of us, at one point or another in our lives.
Photo Credit: Olga Ferrer SaladiƩ via Compfight cc




For your arms      



Darker are my days without you,


 eating noodles by my window

 watching traffic lights for sport-


 I swear I’m thankful,

 the blissful shriek of horns

 fill up the hours to make them

 whole.


 Writing diaries about November 4th.;

 it was a Tuesday and there was

 this shade of yellow spread out

 across the sky, egg yolks mixing

 in with white, now I breathe

 easily and let the carbon fumes

 exhale into the dark, the silence,

 the walls are shrinking in,

 the closets growing taller where

 they stand, filled with your old

 clothing and a yearning for your

 arms.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment