Translate

Sunday 26 January 2014

A sad poem about drug abuse by David Tombale: The Devils

This sad poem was written for a contest about addiction or something like that. It's one of the few that I've written about my less than admirable past and the reckless behaviour that defined it. It's not meant to be an excuse but I think that people might relate to some of what it's meant to represent.
The Devils

Something about the spliff made
An old man new and a new man
Old and turned my brain around
Until I could see the trail my thoughts
Blazed, man it was beautiful, the
Highs were so high that the ground
Was just a surface upon a surface
And it moved;

Something about the spliff it moved
Me, made those quiet moments
Profound until I couldn't even see
What it I was running from;

Hey man I was running, too scared
To lay my battered body down with
My heart leaking like sieve, the spliff
Don't save me but baby these devils
Got me down.

No comments:

Post a Comment