Translate

Friday 31 January 2014

A poem about the nature of an artist's soul by David Tombale: Every season

This piece was written for contest that addressed how every work we produce is often a reflection of ourselves. That idea just gave birth to this poem that in a way describes the person I've always been and the hope I've always kept a secret.
Every season

I change with every season so
Every season is my own, a
Room of mirrors, a soul that
Shivers, shivers to the bone,
I paint a crazy picture of the
Landscape of my mind and as
I lean a little I see the people
Hidden in the back,

I change with every season so
Every season is my own, the
Hobbled man, the vagrant, dirty
Nails scratching at his skin, I
Feel sick so I sat beside the
Bar stool with a whiskey in
My hand and listened to the
Music of an old out of tune
Piano,

I change with every season so
Every season is my own, that
Is why I build my houses on
Shifting sand and keep my clothes
In a bag beside my bed, I want
To leave here but I don't know
Where to go, which is why she
Holds me all silent as I cry.



No comments:

Post a Comment