Translate

Sunday 12 January 2014

A sad life poem by David Tombale: Untitled

Untitled was written in that period between one breakup and long before the start of a new one when writing was my only solace and it hardly seemed adequate at the time. I think a lot of us can understand not being able to tolerate our own thoughts when we're alone.
Untitled

I cannot write for all the sounds
that boil inside me alas for my
final stand I raised a placard I’d
devised in my adolescence, an image
of her I’d carried like a charm against
the fury of these storms.

I measure peace and made a place
here for the way I’m feeling, a scarlet
wonder I have come to ponder, graceful
much like a careless child tracing faces
out of clouds that laugh to see that child’s
smile.

It is here that my art has failed me, here
where my heart is aching, catching sight
of something wonderful only to want to
stay here in the shadow of its warmth.
I am safe here, writing thoughts that curve
and bend, they sometimes mock me as
if our strength lies in my weakness and
my odd desire for the gentle crush of
thought and kiss.

No comments:

Post a Comment