Translate

Sunday 5 January 2014

A passionate love poem by David Tombale: From the sky

This passionate love poem concerned an ex of mine. She was an aspiring poet just like me and with her I was inspired to write many a piece. I present this poem as a way to treasure those memories.
From the sky


There is in all things a mystery
that can’t be solved, a riddle spoken
by our thoughts wrapped inside it
all, it’s a feeling I peddle often as
I lick the ink running from my pen;

I’ve traded in careless whispers but
hidden the honest flutter beating in
my heart, is it any wonder that I
come here every Monday to run
my fingers through her hair?

I am crushing, tattooing words
around my wrist, over hip and
chest, I’m writing a manuscript
upon my skin. She needs to read me
to see the sorrow shuttered by my
eyes, she needs to see me standing
here;

I am fiercely falling from the heavens
through the surface of its flesh, I am
falling for her deeply like a needle
piercing into my vein, blood and notion,
heart and soul have shattered, the pieces
float away, reaching, reaching out to her
across a burning sky.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment