Translate

Sunday 5 January 2014

A Sad love poem by David Tombale: The Castle by the sea

This sad love poem is another in the series I wrote for a girl I had a crush. It never worked out but I will always have these poems to remember her by.
The castle by the sea


Heart that binds me tightly
to the image of your lips,
a love that wraps itself around
this thought that I am dreaming.
Dreaming with all the yearning
of a child for someone distant,
someone perhaps who questions
the sombre mood that has turned
my face to stone but it is gravity
that knows me, the gravity building
between these suns, we create
a darkness here in the absence of
us. Shepard keep a vigil over this
mournful poet while I stand atop
this stage and reveal that I’m
engaged, I am marrying the sight
of you and stranger when you turn
to look for me you’ll find me waiting
in a castle by the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment