Translate

Sunday 30 March 2014

A poem about regret by David Tombale: The weight of my heart

The weight of my heart is about the regret that can sometimes result from a breakup in which one or both of the lovers still carry a torch for the other person. It's one of the worst things that can happen to someone who's trying to move on and I hope I managed to perfectly capture that situation.
The weight of my heart

Heavy as the morning that
Peeks beneath my shades,
Heavy as the evening that's
Come and gone filled with
Shades of moments past;

Heavy heart I pray you shall
Not break, little tear begging
Me to let thou fall but I shall
Not, I allot no time for misery,
I know he wants to rest here
Once again;

How heavy, like spilt paint
I tried to fashion into a scene,
She and I someplace warm,
Silhouetted against the horizon
Of a falling sun but the image
Shatters as I try to stop it;

Alas some things failed to
Happen, a forever now long
Betrayed, so heavy is this
Moment when I think of thee
And fail to brush away the tear
That tore itself from my
Stubborn grip.

No comments:

Post a Comment