Translate

Sunday 23 March 2014

A poem about love everlasting by David Tombale: Forever loving you

Forever loving you represents a lingering feeling clinging to my bones that I feel makes me better. Instead of anger and bitterness left in the wake of love I chose to write about an affection that will outlast an ending of things.
Forever loving you

The rainbows forgot to rest here
and the butterflies turn cartwheels in the air

Her slippered feet still dance happily in the
grips of a beautiful memory but
somewhere her love refused her,
it failed to care about  the withered
flowers sown into her yellow hair-

and I know I should have stayed here to
catch your falling tears but
the tides have spoken
and we two distant ships still sailing on to
seas of grief while I still missing you,
I who knows you best
and will remain here to help you
find your rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment