Translate

Sunday 16 March 2014

A poem about love and longing by David Tombale: Our home

This poem pretty much tells its own story. It's really just a tribute to a warm glow that fills us all at the beginning of what could be an amazing love.
Our home

Forgive me if I say words
that I don't mean,
like I don't need you at all,
it's okay if you leave me,
hey it was fun while it lasted,
have fun in Nebraska
I'm sure that I'll be fine
when you're gone,

Forgive me if I can't see me
happy without you,
you're like sunshine in the wake of a storm,
my cold breeze in the desert,
the one that I turn to when everything
feels like it's gone,

Forgive me if I fall to my knees
when I see you,
I want to be here forever holding
on to the one that I love,
trace my fingers down the lines of your face,
it's like a season of blue skies,
a song that I cannot forget,

Forgive me if I breathe deeply
cos I want to remember the
smell of your hair,
I've lived here for so long,
been alone for awhile,
now I take up all this clutter
making room for your clothes,
stay here beside me in this home
that I've made here for us,
lady believe me today
I want to make you my wife.

No comments:

Post a Comment