Translate

Monday 1 December 2014

A poem about love and heartache by David Tombale: Carry out

Carry out is really about the end of a relationship and how that can affect your thoughts.

Carry out

The streets wind and weave begging me to roam,
daylight calls to me but it’s evening that takes me home,
back to the fiery crackle of the logs upon our hearth,
back to the U-haul van sitting upon our curb

There are enough memories left to bury so I might
not make it out, tonight the rain clouds gather
and tonight these wounds begin to hurt

When you are thought to me, when you are some
distant figment that rests like violets around our deck,
it’s I these songs speak of, it’s I they’ll carry out,
past the foyer, past the window that opens on your
pile of clothes that sit beneath our transistor radio.

No comments:

Post a Comment