Translate

Friday 21 February 2014

A sad evocative love poem by David Tombale: You and I

You and I came out of my frustration at my cowardice when it came to a girl I'd had the biggest, biggest crush on since I first started liking girls. She was my ideal, beautiful, confident but a little self conscious as well, every girl I've chased since was always a reflection of her.
You and I

You have come once more dour misery,
you and I alone have said the words
that I alone would not utter, her
name I whisper into the early morning
winds, only to hear the owl scream
them to the night.

A shadow falls across my heart, her
lips brush against mine, and then
I wake; cruel morning sun, you have
torn me from my lovely dream, you
have brought me back to this, to
longing, my secret I share with my
Misery and hear him laugh at my
discontent, have her he laughs,
have her.

Should I say her name? I have only
Misery as my witness, should I?
Say it he laughs, it shall not
change our fate, I catch a glimpse
from the corner of my eye, she
walks on past, her fragrance follows
in her entourage, a servant like
my heart. My heart I've sold into
servitude, sad betrayer say her
name one last time

Natasha.

No comments:

Post a Comment