Translate

Wednesday 5 February 2014

A poem about heartbreak by David Tombale: Black Magic

Black magic as a sad love poem was originally meant as a letter to an old ex. The basic idea here is one of I've repeated a few other times in other pieces that it is not enough to be in a relationship and that mistakes happen but our true happiness can only be found by connecting with someone who understand us.
Black magic

A shadow walked around
with the peace that’s been missing from her mind
or perhaps a distant smile
and somehow I know that thought she keeps
hidden from her eyes is all of him,
like somewhere far but he still summons her,
a sorcerer leaves us spellbound
his absence felt and heard,
is it wrong that this pauper amongst princes thinks of her?
Follows behind her stately walk?
I will follow on until the ending of an age
and as the years progress and the black turns to grey
it is I still standing here begging you to stay,
alas the silence,
she looks upon me,
harsh emotion rocks me,
I feel the distance and I am swimming in it,
a ship somehow cast adrift,
the ice floes bobbing in my view
but I come towards them willingly
begging only to be sunk,
to vanish into depths that will wash me dry
and leave me relic of  someone else’s life.

No comments:

Post a Comment