Translate

Tuesday 11 February 2014

A poem about art and love by David Tombale: My music

My music as a piece was about losing my need to write and how I found my reason again in loving someone. There's always something uplifting about putting your faith in someone and finding your talent reaffirmed.
My music

Riddle me this and
Riddle me that

There came a time when
Even my pen became a riddle
As deep as the meaning I
Failed to see in life

Cold mornings as I sat
Upon my balcony
Holding conversations
With the sun as yellow rain
Fell upon my thirsty skin and
I laughed about the sound of
Seagulls coming from the
Distance

So I am here now
Living by the beach

My music the crash of waves
Upon the rocks

I do not write these days
All my poetry reserved for
The portraits I paint upon
The sky

I do not write these days
Except for those soliloquies
I leave upon her skin

I fell in love with love
Lost myself in feeling until
The day I rose from our satin
And a symphony began inside
My mind

I've been trying to write it
Down these past three days
But the pages are running
Out

There is a symphony happening
Here and I'm just beginning
To learn to dance.

No comments:

Post a Comment