Translate

Friday 27 December 2013

A love poem by David Tombale: Like Cherry Blossoms

This love poem was actually written for a poetry contest I entered once and deals with a lingering memory of a girl I used to love. This is one topic I think a lot of people can identify with.
Like Cherry Blossoms

Her beauty’s like summer days and cherry
blossoms in winter and I still miss her. I still
think of her when the sun rains down
consumed with rage, infernos meant to burn
all down while the dark rain clouds flee into
the night. It’s these aches that write you messages
that sound too sweet to be believed
so don’t linger here if you aren’t longing for
my love.

Her beauty’s like the fall of Rome, almost like
promises kept by old lovers’ hands while
Greyhounds are still raring to go. She watches
as he turns to go but that memory of her teases
him, it tumbles round like ice on the floor of
his glass, he can’t flee from her, his wonderful
girl of honeyed words and wicked eyes
now he’s breaking doors trying to raise
her broken heart cause his love of her is
all that makes him whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment