Translate

Monday 16 June 2014

A poem about nostalgia and life by David Tombale: Sometimes



Life can sometimes change so drastically and so quickly that it leaves us dazed and longing for the familiar past. SOMETIMES is all about those feelings.


Sometimes

I find sometimes that I think
about the taste of ice cream
and watermelons

the drenching wet and rapid fire
of sprinklers as we sprinted through
them hand in hand.

Sometimes I think of Saturdays
spent rolling round, the tv’s on
and I’d play Hogan and tear my
shirt to bits, (at least I’d try).

Sometimes I think of Star Wars
and Indiana Jones, the days you’d be
Macgyver and I’d play the villain

sometimes I think of life before the
evening news and they’d frightened us
with bulletins and bullets,
car bombs and anthrax,
Ebola and the latest flu epidemic.

Sometimes I think things were easier
when the bad guys dressed in black
and the worst things we ever saw
were those damn commercials before
the good guys won and the credits rolled.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment