Translate

Monday 9 June 2014

A contemplative poem about love by David Tombale: All Good Things

It is the nature of most romantics to have tried their hand at writing a love letter at least once in their loves. This is my attempt at a love letter.



All Good Things

 

I have tired of writing love poem after love poem

 to these winter leaves as the cold winds blow

 around me numbing hands as I sweep yours

 beneath my own to warm them, as I’ve desired

 to lift that chill that hardens your lovely eyes,

 they darken and now I know I’d made you mad-

 

that memory spilling from my pen as I sit before

 this dark oak desk and drink all in, the odd

 surprises of images and scents I’d thought forgotten,

 this letter somehow started sad but now it opens to

 reveal its whiteness, its summoned glow of silence

 and compassion and I think I loved you best in

 the cracks and pieces that remained, I loved you

 best when I have known that our love is dewdrops

 upon the leaves, now the sun has come and all good

 things must have their way and go.

 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment