Translate

Friday 14 November 2014

A poem about beauty and the night by David Tombale: The beauty of the night

The beauty of the night is about creating a heightened image of what there is to be seen and experienced after the sun goes down.

The beauty of the night

I have often written about the beauty of the night,
of the loving way the moon shines across her velvet
skies or how the stars gambol round like little kids
until their black mother holds them down,
this one a dress, this one a shirt, she dresses the stars
in dreams, in our dreams that spin like spider webs
that join our hums and often mumbled words across
the distance of our homes and sometimes we dream
together, dreams of oceans and birds we pass in
flight.

I have often written about the beauty of the
night and found in the hem of her reverie a quiet
moment to lay my pen right by my side and pass
my eyes across her perfect form. 

No comments:

Post a Comment