Translate

Thursday 30 October 2014

A poem about love and hope by David Tombale: Resurrecting

Resurrecting is about finding someone to save you.


Resurrecting


I have lost all reason and traded the inky
black of my rain swept skies for the sunny
gold of autumn, hibernating quietly while
she sits silently resting her hands on either
side of him.

The coldness of winter has often lived here,
winked its eye here and felt that the
sinking weight of my falling heart would
look far better frozen but sometimes I
disagree, many times a woman will sidle
up and rub her hands across that ice and
resurrect my beating heart,
fill these eyes with gifts of long black locks
and soft brown arms and someday she’ll kiss
these lips and impart the wisdom of being lost
only to be found.

No comments:

Post a Comment