Translate

Tuesday 12 August 2014

A poem about misery and memory by David Tombale: It's like misery


Misery is one of those common human experiences so maybe in this piece there lies something familiar and comforting.
 
 
 
It’s like misery
 
It’s like misery,
 the cold burn of past days that
 lead these thoughts astray,
 when you and I are two
 words together, two comets passing
 in the blackness of the night,
 when I won’t miss you,
 when your name doesn’t hang upon
 my lips like grapes upon the vine,
 sitting fat and black and waiting to exhale.
 
 It’s like misery,
 the way you’re leaving,
 the way you look at me like
 the inches have grown to miles,
 the miles to seas and seas to oceans.
 
 But I won’t miss you because
 the days have talked to me,
 they’ve reminded me that we
 don’t exist, we are two wanderers
 in an endless pool of majesty that
 nobody understands.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment