Translate

Thursday 22 May 2014

A poem about passionate love by David Tombale: Love reminds me

The title says it all, at times when your heart carries all your wisdom and your mind takes a backseat love becomes your compass. This is meant for those instances and people we can't help but keep a torch for, forever after.
Love reminds me

 Love reminds me of you in every hour
in every way, from the whispered chirps
above the trees to the way I’d hold you
carefully, as if fearing you would break

Jigsaw pieces thrown here and there
awaiting these nimble hands to show
the way

Love reminds me like summer days
out in the pools throwing waterfalls
to the sounds of laughter,
even autumn when the leaves begin to
change and there is a beauty in your ways,
fur lined boots and tiny waist and the
coldness of your kiss

Love reminds me of you every once
in awhile, it clouds over the angry moments
and was it you or was it me, who did it and
who did what, I can’t remember anything
past this burning ache that’s memory,
that’s lingerie and passion, tumbling around
our bed like animals

Love reminds me of this little green dress and
my hands on your  legs, it reminds me that I’ve
been holding my breath and that I still can’t breathe
without you.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment