Translate

Monday 7 April 2014

A poem about longing by David Tombale: In sight of heaven

Life plays tricks on people in that it can forge a connection between two persons who can never be together. Whether it's because she's with someone or he's with someone, the timing just fails to work out for them and that is what this piece is about.
In sight of heaven

I felt the aching, burning sensation
of love take flight someplace where
she resides

First turning then kissing
and I their witness but
I imagine her and she looks at me with
that knowing smile beneath shade and night
and auburn curls that pull the heart from me,
that lead me breathlessly
down the stairs and I am running,
trying to catch a glimpse, a touch,
a sign from heaven that turns this
empty crush into a world unknowing
in sight of heaven and our stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment